Ugh. I hate donating blood, but if I don't, I'll feel like a total ass to the rest of society. I went to the donors today between classes. I figured that an hour and a half would be PLENTY of time for me to give blood and get to my senior seminar. Wrong!
Turns out they had to do an inquisition's worth of paper work due to me going off to Asia. Apparently most of the places I travelled to (including rural Hong Kong) were areas where I was at risk of malaria. Ha. That was unexpected. My poor nurse was having a terrible time trying to figure out where I'd been to - I couldn't just name the major cities I had travelled to - I needed to know the Chinese provinces! Ugh. Of course I don't know the province names! I actually ended up leaving her half way through and running to the washroom I was in there for so long. Luckily she has assured me this is the only time I'll have to give so much information - the next will go more smoothly. She even jotted down the information for me to hand in next time. Yay her.
Anyways, I donated the blood. It took forever because I have small veins. By this time, everyone who had been in line BEHIND me had already donated and left. After the pulled the needle out, I got to sit up.... Then I had to lay back down because I was feeling sick. They did the whole elevate the feet thing, ice cloths, etc. I feel like such a putz for caving into a little blood loss. LOL
I ended up being half an hour late to my senior seminar. Luckily the prof didn't care. Yay her.
Oh, and check out this video. At first it's funny, but then it kind of inspires you. Kiwi
No comments:
Post a Comment