Thursday, November 09, 2006

That's weird. I mentioned yesterday that when I woke up, I immediately wanted to die from being sick. I spent most of yesterday wandering around in a comatose like state. This morning I feel 110% better... I just find it odd to have such a crazy turnaround. I still need to take some Dristan, but I feel much better than before. Rock on.

As for last night, I dragged my comatose butt back to school at 8pm with Agnes. It's International Education Week here at UW and thus the school has organized a gazillion little booths/activites for the week. Last night, they had a journalist named Seymour Hersh come and give a speech entitled "US Foreign Policy in the Middle East: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib to Today."

I had a bit of a hard time following the speech, either because I was medicated or because I was sitting to the far right of the stage... It could also be that the guy wasn't a public speaker per se, he would mumble and change his pace of talking, but the parts I did catch were neat. He pointed out various things about the Bush administration and pointed out the outright lies they've made, etc. etc. He started off his speech by giving us the bad news (there are 803 days left of the Bush reign) and then the good news (tomorrow, there will be 1 less day).

Agnes and I arrived rather late to the lecture hall, so we had to make do with the first two seats we could find (they didn't open up the balcony until afterwards). I was getting kind of annoyed with the older gentlemen (sitting by himself) beside me because he kept fidgeting and making noises. Finally he turns toward me and asks, "I'm a reporter from The Record [the local newspaper], would you mind telling me what would bring two young people to an event such as this?" Ha. Before you get all excited (like I did), no, the guy did not try to interview Agnes and I, nor did he quote us. Instead we just chatted and then got on to the topic of exchanges because his son wants to go on exchange to Paris. Tee hee.

Okay. I need to go out and buy some medicine and bus tickets now. I have a dentist appointment in 2 hours... Bleargh!

No comments: