The funniest thing EVER happened to me today.
I was having a nap at a personal study desk on the main floor of the library today. Suddenly, something moved nearby me and woke up me. I glance up and see that a guy has sat down at my desk (and this desk is only meant for one person). I said "Hi" and glanced around, saw a girl standing around the corner of a book stack and then put my head back down and ignored him.
I figured that either one of my friends was playing a prank on me, or these two people were being assholes and trying to make me move from my seat so they could have my desk. I decided to ignore them and pretend to sleep.
The next thing I know, the guy picks up my book and starts reading it. (My eyes are closed, but I can hear him doing all this.) When I don't react, he picks up some random papers on my desk, starts rifling around in my pencil case. I refused to rise to the bait. He picks up my book again and I finally give in.
I raised my head and just said something to the effect of "Yeah, if you aren't asleep yet, that book will knock you out." Then I put my head back down and the guy replied "Yeah, looks like it."
He then gets up and leaves the table (my eyes are still closed) and the girl follows him away. Meanwhile I'm thinking, "What the fuck?!" I open my eyes and watch them wander away. By now I'm totally freaked out. I get up, find and tell Agnes about my episode. Then I see the couple sitting with a Chinese girl. I sent Agnes on reconnaissance (aka: walk by them and eavesdrop) and apparently they're doing some kind of survey).
Well, that answer didn't suffice for me. After the couple left the girl, I ended up going up to her and asking what their deal was. She starts laughing... Apparently they're a couple of students in Speech Communication classes performing experiments on how people respond to having their personal space invaded. LOL
I had kind of expected this to be the case, since I had this experience once before in first year where a random guy came and sat with my friends and I in a cafeteria. (Of course, we just assumed that he was a friend of someone at the table.)
So there you go. I got punk'd by Speech Comm students!
No comments:
Post a Comment