Woot! I just finished the last of my papers! It was technically due this morning at 10:30 in class, but the prof hangs around the school until 10pm, so that's the real deadline. I should probably mention this paper was a book review... And that I finished the book this morning at 8:30am. And that I wrote the entire paper today.
It was harder writing about this book in comparison to my last one. This book was about global modern slavery whereas my last one was about genocide. My biggest problem with this current book is that it inspired no passion in me. I didn't have the sudden urge to get up and fight for the rights of slaves. The book I read on genocide though - that one actually made me cry and feel angry, etc. etc.
Anyways... Now I have to cram down a bunch of readings for my history seminar on Wednesday (err, the one that I'm leading), then I'll be finished for the term! YAY!
On to other news... I'm a HAG! I turned 23 years old on Friday! LOL. I actually don't care about my age - heck, I didn't even realize that I was going to be 23 until my mom mentioned it. I mean, I knew it was my birthday, but I never really associated myself with a new age.
To celebrate my birthday, my parents came down to Waterloo (actually they came down because my dad had an optometrist appointment, but I'm sure they would have come down on the weekend anyways). We had lunch and then I dragged my father off to a public seminar on Canada-Taiwan relations. The seminar wasn't what I was expecting - it was mainly a lot of statistics, but it was interesting nonetheless.
Afterwards, we met up with my mother and sibling. Melanie managed to tear something in her knee so that she has to wear a brace and hobble around on crutches. I accused her of trying to steal my birthday thunder. Tee hee.
Anyways, after a short argument, and an attempt by myself to strangle my mother with my scarf, we all went to Cameron's Seafood Restaurant in Kitchener. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS! They had REAL Hong Kong style BBQ Pork!!! I honestly nearly wept with happiness. It was so delicious! Mel, dad, and I shared a variety of dishes while mom kept to her bland-Canadian-style Chinese food. So sad. Amusingly, Mel badgered me into ordering a veggie dish... But to her dismay, it came with deep-fried tofu that I absolutely adore... But she did not. However, I also experienced some dismay in that the dish also came with chinese mushrooms and various other fungi. I'm not too into mold thanks very much.
The rest of my weekend passed relatively quietly. I spent all of Saturday doing laundry and procrastinating on my paper, and the procrastination continued on Sunday as well.
Anyways, I'm starving and am going to go die now. Bye!
1 comment:
Yes, my dinner was very good, thank you very much!!! Thank goodness for combo plates (chicken balls, pork, fried rice)- only edidble food on the whole menu.
Post a Comment