Ewww. Stacy and I went to look at an apartment yesterday. There were two apartments - one upstairs and one downstairs. Ewww. I don't think they've cleaned either at all since September.
There were dustbunnies lining the upstairs hall that threatened to swallow me whole. And I'm pretty sure that when I ventured into the downstairs bathroom, the toilet tried to reach out and grab me. Seriously! There was MOLD growing in it. MOLD! Not just dirt... Actual mold. It was revolting.
Stacy and I ended up fleeing upstairs ahead of the landlady. I laughed because we were both scraping the crap off our feet before putting on our shoes.
On the plus side, when we mentioned our err, disgust, with the common areas, the landlady agreed and mentioned maybe something could be worked out. Unfortunately I received an email from her husband today and all he's offering is a $50/month discount if one of us cleaned the common area, or $25/month off if both of us cleaned. This would be a sweet deal, but the apartments are already overpriced. And I don't want to be in charge of cleaning up after such pigs. Plus I saw a bong in the basement downstairs - that's not a smell I want to live with. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment