First of all, I must share with you a hilarious conversation that went on in my Canadian Government class today. :) We were discussing the pros and cons of the new Liberal leader. My class is 260 people, so the prof and student were having to yell over like 20 rows of chairs.
Prof: What are some of the pros and cons of Dion as a leader?
Student: He's a Frenchy!
Prof: You must be from Saskatchewan.
Student: No...
Prof: Oh, it sounded like you had a Saskatchewan accent.
Student: Actually I have a retainer.
We all burst out laughing and you could tell the prof was flabbergasted. It was hilarious. The girl actually got applause from the class for her quick reply. LOL
Anyways, it seems as though I may have killed my laptop's LCD monitor. Last night about one fifth of the screen decided to go slightly dim and nothing I've tried has rectified the situation. I'll try calling HP tomorrow and troubleshooting it with their IT support, but I've been asking for help on the HP forums and so far it seems as though the only solution is to send it in for servicing. Doh! I think this is a sign I shouldn't be playing games on it and should be studying instead. My parents will be pleased.
In other news, Saturday was mine, Agnes', and Rana's birthday bash. (Pictures can be found here.) It wasn't really much of a bash - all of Agnes' and my friends ended up bailing, so it was mainly Rana's friends. :) Oh well, we still had fun. We were supposed to go to Mongolian Grill for dinner, but there was a 40 minute wait, so we went to East Side Mario's instead. Afterwards we ventured over to Symposium for a couple of pre-clubbing drinks. I think I'm still partially blinded by all the photos that were taken! We ended up going to Revolution for dancing... That was my first time in Rev. I found it fun, but I wasn't too keen on most of the music. Overall I would describe the night as a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment