Sunday, September 02, 2007

Greetings from the Nation's Capital

Hello everyone!

I am now in Canada's capital city. My parents and I drove up on Thursday and we've had a relaxing weekend. Here's the situation for those of you who haven't heard.

I'm homeless.

I've been staying with my parents in their hotel for the past three days while we did the tourist thing and visited Carleton U for last minute purposes. However, now my parents have left a few hours ago and I'm homeless!

I'm hoping to get into graduate residence, but I've been wait listed for a room. I'm staying with a couple of friends for the first week until I can find out if I can get into residence. (On Sept. 6th, they're handing out the rooms of people who didn't show up for registration.) So until then, I'm at the mercy of my pals (one of whom I haven't seen since last year, and the other since high school!)

Tonight I'm hopping on the bus to go downtown and go on a Haunted Walk tour with other grad students and then we're going to a pub. Tomorrow's plans include tours of campus, pizza parties, and more pubs. (Hey, I'm in school, I have to drink!)

That's all for now I guess. I've been talking with my friend's boyfriend for the past couple of hours. He's been super helpful giving me tips and whatnot about the transit systems.

Miss y'all!

No comments: