Sunday, September 09, 2007

Introducing Rosemary

My mother is beyond warped.

I would like to introduce everyone to Rosemary. Rosemary is a creepy ugly doll that my mom purchased at a garage sale for the grand total of $1. Why did she waste her money on this atrocity of a toy? So she could torment me.

Rosemary

I came home after her shopping expedition and entered my bedroom. On my bed sat Rosemary. Upon meeting its beady blank eyes, the only thoughts that coursed through my head were, "What the fuck?" I assumed it must have been Cara's toy (as they were visiting at this time). Then I hear my mother's snickering from behind me.

She bought the toy for me and me alone. I don't know what possessed her to do so, but even she acknowledged its hideousness. I have a thing against creepy dolls, so now the family persists in trying to bug with with Rosemary. The thing has been snuggled under my blankets for when I go to bed, it has been hidden within my suitcase while on trips to Toronto, hung on the back of a bathroom door to scare the hell out of other family members, and now, it sits on the top of my shelves here in Ottawa.

For the curious, the doll became known as Rosemary because it seemed appropriate. You know, the movie, "Rosemary's Baby?" Yikes, just typing about her is making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rosemary or her spirit will follow you wherever you go. HaHa ha!

Lama said...

Com'on Rosemary is cute in her own way and grows on you, tee hee!!! The funny thing is the lady was so pleased I was buying this hideous doll...she even told me she had made it herself. Maybe it can become a family heirloom...you think?