Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Life is good. I've been having a good time lately, which has contributed to my overall good mood. :)

That being said, it's odd to look back and think about why I'm in a good mood. On Thursday and Friday, I was at the library with Agnes till about 10pm both nights. I didn't realize I could do that and not go insane. Admittedly I did slack quite a bit while there - but some work was accomplished and that's what mattered.

On Saturday I had a slack day with Agnes. We had decided to go to her classmate's Martini Night - I didn't realize till the day before that it was a costume party. I didn't have a costume. Eek. I ended up scrambling and tried to pull together an Egyptian costume... It didn't quite work though, since people kept asking me what I was. Oh well. The party was a lot of fun. Not many people showed up, so we just played a couple of drinking games. Some of the costumes were really funny. The host was dressed as the big yellow man from Curious George. Very funny. We ended off our night with a trip to Bomber. Unfortunately due to drinking and miscommunications, Agnes forgot her purse in the DD's car and got left out of the club. We didn't realize she was sitting there waiting for us till we got kicked out of Bomber.

On Sunday, I got to sleep in (thank God for the extra hour of sleep) and then my mom and dad came to visit. We had a very pleasant day. I dragged them to the Rude Native for lunch - apparently even THAT menu was too exotic for my mom. Sheesh! Afterwards we went for a stroll around the downtown area. There's a lot of cute little stores off the main streets that I never knew existed! My mom and I dropped my dad off at Chapters and went for a bit of a shopping trip. I guess I was bringing her energy down with all my yawning, because she finally made me sit down and drink a coffee. Yay caffeine! We predictably ended our evening with dinner at Benny's. I cannot get over how much damned food that restaurant gives you when you order from it!

As for today, I had a great time with Stacy. We went skating - I spent most of my time oggling some Asian skater who was cute. I blame him for me falling down at the end of our skating session. I only hurt myself slightly. :P After the skating, Stacy and I went and bought ourselves some hoodies from the UW Shop. I finally own a UW hoodie! It's so fuzzy and comfy. :) It makes me happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This native is going to get very RUDE, if you keep this up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just proves that you can bring the native out of the bush but not the bush out of the native!