Egads! I'm so terrible with updates lately! Not that anything interesting has really happened. I've been good so far this term and have actually kept up on my reading! *beams with pride* Well. Nearly kept up. I did have to devote this weekend to finishing my 500 page book on genocide... I'm nearly there.
I went home for Thanksgiving Weekend. I got minimal work done while I was there. Instead I test drove my parent's new satellite dish. And I watched lots and lots of movies. I ended up watching "Hank Williams: First Nation." It's a movie filmed on a Native reserve in Northern Alberta. Part of me was like, "Wow, this movie is really stilted!" Then the other part of me would remember, "Oh wait, this how they actually talk!" I also went to the movies to see The Departed. I enjoyed it, but to be honest, I was offended by the gratuitous profanity in it. You all know me - I don't mind swearing, but this movie went overboard. All in all, I preffered the Hong Kong version of the movie better.
Not much else happened that weekend. I was amused to realize that this was my first Thanksgiving back at home in two years! (First I was off in Vancouver, and then Hong Kong. Very cool.) I had a scrumptious turkey meal (also my first time having turkey in fooooorever). I ended up making my parents drive me back to Waterloo earlier though - I was getting no work done at all and felt that was a bad thing.
The week was spent alternating between work and slacking. Then on Friday, I went to meet my sister. We both had to run some errands so we turned it into a lunch date. I dragged Mel to a Korean/Japanese restaurant and we had so much fun. Mel's inability to work chopsticks amuses me endlessly. Our drive to Cambridge and back lasted a lot longer than anticipated though because there were so many car accidents. It was crazy!
Also on Friday, Agnes and I went to Oktoberfest. We were supposed to go with a couple of other girls, but they ended up bailing out on us at the last minute. This was my first Oktoberfest ever - we went to the University night at the Kitchener Auditorium. I had a good time, but I wish I had gone on a non-University night. I think it would have been funner because all the students just wanted an excuse to drink beer. Agnes and I got up and danced for a bit (oh, the polka band rocked!) but I kept nearly falling over because my heels were sticking to the beer soaked floor!
That's about it I guess. I'll try to update my blog more often... I just find it difficult to sit down at my computer lately.
Oh, and I highly recommend that you rent the movie "Thank You For Smoking." It's so freakin' hilarious. Lots of big name actors in it too.
1 comment:
Mau's is alive on her blog. Didn't see any action for so long - thought you had given up.
Lama
Post a Comment