Today near the end of the day, Henry and I walked to the cafeteria so I could buy some cookies. (Nothing beats the cookies in the vending machine and microwaving them for 30 seconds.)
Earlier on our way to lunch, Henry and I had been following Annzley down the hall, and Henry kept trying to get Annzley's attention by making a "psst" sound. She ignored him because she thought the sound was a leaky pipe.
Well, on our way back from the cafeteria, Henry kept making the Pssting sound at me. Suddenly he says, "neigeihaipsst."
I was like, "What the hell?" I realized he was speaking Cantonese. So I tried to translate the sentence out loud. I kept saying it over and over trying to figure it out. "You. You umm. You something is Psst." Well, he starts staring at me like I'm a freak (a sensation I've become familiar with). And repeats what he said once again.
That's when I finally realized what he was saying. "Leaky pipes. Psst." I don't know where I got Cantonese out of that, but I nearly died laughing when I realized what had happened.
1 comment:
I get it....didn't know how I signed in to do the testing, lol. I just found your blog. Your weekends might not be very interesting but I am savouring every minute we are spending together and enjoying myself. It is so nice to have someone cook my meals. Love ya, Lama
Post a Comment