Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stress makes for a sleepy Mau

Somebody help to wake me up! I'm at work right now and I'm fighting SO HARD NOT to fall asleep... So far I'm failing. I fell asleep for about 15 to 20 minutes just awhile ago. Since my catnap (done on purpose), I keep drifting off and jerking upright. Trust me, I'm not being stealthy at all about it.

In response, I tried drinking lots of water. That didn't work. I turned on my fan to blow much colder air on me. That didn't work either. Now I'm trying to eat a sugary snack bar to help keep me awake until break (15 minutes). I'll even bring some money so I can buy a sugary cappucino and hopefully that will work. I don't get why I'm so tired...

Well, that's a lie. The truth of it is that I'm exhausted from the stress of living in my current apartment. Last night the landlady finally spoke to me, to inform me that my last month's cheque had been dropped off. I kind of stood there and then screwed up my courage and told her, "Oh, well what about the July cheque? I've already put a stop payment on that one too." Ha. If I thought she was mad before... She was even worse. It's not like she said or did anything different, but you could practically feel the temperature in the room drop. I gave her dad a call to confirm they wouldn't try cashing the cheque and he was quite pleasant to me. Ha.

Lauda came home shortly thereafter and I asked her to let me know when she was going to be cooking - I can handle being in the same room as my landlady as long as someone else is also there. After less than an hour of me being home, Lauda knocked on my door to let me know that Michelle had left the apartment. While there's no way I can confirm it, I suspect she went back to her other city in order to escape me. In an effort to keep the avoidance game we're playing going, I went and cooked my dinner/lunch, prepared my breakfast, and had my shower all before 6pm so that I could hide out in my room. Luckily Michelle didn't return home last night. I'm hoping that she'll stay in the other town, Walkerton, until the weekend.

So that's why I'm so tired. I'm stressed out from last night (I was constantly jumpy, thinking I heard her car in the driveway) and now I'm stressing out about going home tonight. Oh well. I refuse to be run out of the house because of her.

On to happier news... After several weeks of oggling cell phones on the internet, I finally bit the bullet and bought one. My dad's union has an excellent contract. To summarize the plan... I have free call waiting/answering/conferencing/etc, 250 anytime minutes, unlimited weeknights (6pm - 8am) etc. Unfortunately it's a 3 year contract, but hopefully I'll use the phone enough to justify it. Amusingly I got the EXACT same cell phone that my friends Henry and Rishi have. (Henry had it first, then Rishi bought one, and now so have I. I'm a sheep. Bah.)

I guess that's all for now. I feel better getting that off my chest. Only 2 more sleeps in my apartment, then I'm home free!

No comments: