Today I killed a small forest.
Greenpeace hates me now. How did I manage to accomplish this feat? Through photocopying. I received the task of duplicating some binders today at work. Combined, they probably held about 700 pages of information. The photocopying took me about 2 hours, if not more. After lunch I returned to the lady to get another job, and she pointed out that all the documents I had photocopied had a small set of random lines near the top of the page.
I don't really understand why these lines/streaks were a big deal - they were not covering any information, they actually overlapped with the lines already on the sheet (so instead of looking single underlined, it would look trip underlined). When I did ask why it was a problem, the lady could only respond with, "Oh, well the guys who use these will complain."
Therefore I had to throw out (recycle) about 700 pages of brand new, practically nothing wrong with it, paper. I'm not terribly impressed with the wastage. And now my feet hurt from standing so long assembling the cursed binders.
Last night I went for a walk with Lauda. We went to oggle some potential gyms... Unfortunately the one I'm thinking of going to is kinda far. I don't know when I'd go either - I like exercising at night, but I'm usually getting ready for bed by 9. And when I get home from work, I just feel like relaxing. The walk itself was good though - long and effective... Although the slushies we bought on our way home pretty much nixed any health benefits we may have attained.
Later in the night, after I finished cooking my food, Tao and I taught Lauda how to play Mahjohng. Well, he taught her more than me. I just randomly tossed in helpful rewordings here and there. I lost all the games we played.
Tonight the plan is to go home, chill for half an hour, then head out to the beach to hang out with Henry, Rishi, and Liz.
It'll be fantastic because the heat here has skyrocketed in the past few days. We're now usually sitting at around 31 degrees, with humidexes of 40. Everyone else is completely suffering, but I find it positively cozy. I attribute this to the fact that I didn't try to acclimatize myself to the Canadian climate upon my return, so for me this feels like a regular day in Hong Kong. Heck - not even a regular day - it feels like a warm spring day. Mwahahahaha.
Anyways, there's 15 minutes till work is done! Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment