Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mmm, wings!

On Wednesday several co-ops organized a trip to Kincardine to go to a pub for chicken wings. Check out the photos here. It was a lot of fun. The best part was getting to meet students from other parts of the Bruce Site. Unfortunately the way we ended up sitting down made it so that I was sitting with the people I normally talk to, but I got to chat with some new students too.

Tao and I ended up ordering 30 wings and sharing them (we just wanted the different types of sauces). I caught the bill this time, so we're even from our first wing night out. We ended up giving Azza, a co-op student from Halifax a ride home.

Oh. I don't remember if I've mentioned it or not, but my new roommate has also finally arrived. Her name is Lauda and she's from Costa Rica. She's currently a volunteer at the Southhampton Museum. She seems super nice and friendly. She chats a lot. And her favourite word is "sick" (e.g. "That's so sick!" - meaning "cool")

I don't really know what else to say about her. She likes spicy food. And eating tripe. (I actually got to try some of her tripe last night - it was kind of bland and reminded me of some of the mushrooms I ate while in Asia.) Is it true that tripe is cow stomach lining? Whatever. It was neither bad nor world changing.

The co-ops at work have been harassing me. I get up at 5:40am everyday and am at work by about 6:50am. Well, every Thursday night, one of the restaurants in Port Elgin gets transformed into a bar/club. Well, this "transformation" doesn't happen until 10pm! Rishi and Sunny have been harassing me to go with them to the club. Don't get me wrong, I totally want to go, but I'm usually in bed by 10! I can't go out until 2am (like Rishi - and he has an hour drive to get home afterwards too!) and get up at work at the regular time. I feel bad about constantly saying no, but at least I'm sticking to my guns and not giving in. (Peer pressure is a pain.)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yes...tripe is cow's stomach. :)