Thursday, May 20, 2010

Signs of spring

Spring has arrived. Some might say that it's been here for over a month. After all, the snow has been (mostly) gone since late March. We've had temperatures that fluctuate anywhere between 10 to 30 degrees. Trees and flowers are starting to bloom. Birds cry out, squirrels chitter, and the little old lady is wishing everyone a good day.

Wait. What?

You heard me. On my daily walk to work there's a little old lady who sits on her balcony (or at least pokes her head out the door) and calls out, "Have a good day" or "Passez une bonne journée!" as you pass. (This morning she told me, "Bon appetit" because I was eating a muffin.)

The whole thing both irritates me and amuses me. I get irritated because it means that I have to rouse myself out of my morning lethargy to smack a smile on face and acknowledge her. I'm also amused by how persistent she is. She makes sure that she calls out to everyone - even if they're wearing headphones or talking with other people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing EVER? I think so: a morning greeting by your pet- good way to start the day! ;)

Lama said...

Prob a very lonely little pet just passing her day with nothing else to do. So think of this b4 you judge.