Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Outta steam

Wow. I got sooooo lost here in Florence. I saw the outside of the Duomo but the lines were long so I didn't bother trying. I followed random signs and saw the Basilica of San Lorenzo instead. Well after that I ended up getting lost. Like, REALLY lost. And I'm terrible for not asking for directions. By the time I finally oriented myself, I was at the outskirts of my map!

I was so exhausted that I just made my way back to the hostel and got set up in my room and then I crashed for 2 hours. I was so freaking tired I couldn't stay awake anymore.

Part of me feels guilty for sleeping when I could be out sight-seeing, but hell, I'm on vacation, right? Right?! Of course, the sleepiness is attributable to the fact that I haven't eaten since 8:30AM... :)

Right now I'm just chilling on the computers until the hostel's restaurant starts serving its free dinner. (That's what sold me on this place.)

Ta ta!

No comments: