Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This is the voicemail that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends....

Hospital voicemail systems have the longest messages in the world. It's very aggravating when I call someone, get their voicemail, and just want to leave a quick message. Instead of a generic message saying, "Hi, you've reached so and so, please leave a number," a lot of the voicemail messages here say, "Hi, you've reached so and so. I'm not available to take your call right now. If this is a medical emergency, please contact your family doctor or visit the nearest emergency centre. I will be out of the office from date to date inclusively. If this is a clinical matter, you may contact so and so at extension blah blah blah. If this is a research matter, please call so and so at extension blah blah blah. For all other concerns, please leave a voicemail with your full name, patient number, and a phone number you can be reached at."

It's even worse when you know the person is out of the office but need to leave a voicemail anyways. In that case, it's like a ticking time bomb of aggravation and I end up tapping my foot impatiently, afraid to not pay attention lest I miss the beep.

P.S.
Jill - don't gimme none of that crap about me not posting on my blog anymore! You apparently just don't visit here enough! You're still stuck on your smiling heavens in Australia post!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I know I suck at updating too. But I still like lots of Mau-posts! There's just never enough Mau ;)