My sister sent the family the following email. It's subject line was, "Death in the family." It was too funny to keep to myself, so I have posted here so that all may enjoy the hilarity.
PEPPY
a.k.a. "the little red rocket", "lama's rocket launcher", "the death trap" , the "Hi-I-Wanna-Die"
February 1998 - February 2007
Odometre reading: 330,899 kms.
It is with a heavy and sad heart that I send along the news of the passing of everyones favorite vehicle, Peppy. Peppy in all her shiny, red splendour came into our lives on a cold February day and it is fitting that she leaves us in the same way.
Peppy saw me, and numerous others through 9 years and almost always got us to where we needed to go. Along the way she kept me safe through 4 years of traversing some of the busiest highways in Ontario and I thank her for some of my exemplary driving skills because of it. ;)
She survived a brutal break in (we're still both in therapy), numerous major operations and overhauls (thanks Wolfie), long trips up north when no one thought she could make it, WAY too many lacrosse games, mocking from the family (she knows you guys loved her!), do-it-yourself body work, ONLY one speeding ticket and one parking ticket, overstuffings like you wouldn't believe from camping trips and Christmas goodies, DUCT TAPE, being on palliative care for the last 6 months and finally: a system to system shut down (who knew an automatic could drive like a standard!).
Although Peppy is still slightly chugging along (literally) she will be officially heading to the Great Scrapyard in the Sky tomorrow. I bid her a heartfelt adieu and thank you.
On that note it is my extreme pleasure to announce the arrival of the newest member of our family. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome: Silvercuda!!!
(oooooo, Baracuda!)
She's a sleek and stylin', saucy silver lady. Although she's got a bigger ghetto bootie than Peppy (ie. 4 doors) she's alot younger being a child of the new millenium- 2001 to be exact. With low kilometres, all the right parts in the right place (and in new/great condition) and an amazing price, she and I knew we were meant to be together.
Silvercuda made her official debut to the world this morning and so far has gotten rave reviews- YEAH! NO DUCT TAPE (black was never her colour anyways), no stalling/chugging/shifting gears unexpectedly- she drives as smooth as she looks.
So, please help me in welcoming Silvercuda to the family. She can't wait to meet you all and she accepts 'car shower' gifts in the form of cash donations, chocolate and fuel injector cleaner. ;)
Love you all!
Mernie
Ps. I was told by Scott and Mau that if I named a silver car the "Silver Bullet" I would be disowned- APPARENTLY that was too white trash... ooooooo Silvercuda!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment