You know how you can sometimes pinpoint the moment your spirit breaks?
Today, I could hear the shattering sound that signaled that all the hope I had carried that something better might come along was lost. What happened to create this awful realization? I had had no work to do yesterday. I ended up reading my textbook for the most of the day before I finally contacted a lady who had mentioned she might have work for me.
She told me to talk to her the next day and she'd have something for me to do.
Well this morning I came into work and when she finally contacted me, she told me to ask Donna (a lady in business services) for work. I track down Donna and she leads me over to the shelves that act as mail boxes.
She tells me that they had devised a "big project" for me to work on.
She then proceeds to hand me a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Windex... My big project? Cleaning the shelves and relabeling them.
That's the moment when Bruce Power finally broke me.
(Sorry, there was a bit of exaggeration there. When I got back from lunch there was a message on my phone from another coworker saying they have a bigger project with more responsibility to work on from now on. I hope they're right, because if I had to do two more months of this stuff, I think I'd crack.)
Other than work stuff, the rest of my life is good! I had a great long weekend. On Friday I went to Waterloo with my mom to visit my sister. We ended up going out for cake at Symposium and playing mini-putt. On Saturday I dragged my mom and dad out for a walk around Harrison Park.
It was a great walk. Later that night, my mom and I went to see two
movies: The Devil Wears Prada (hilarious) and The Lakehouse (adorable).
I can't recall what I did on Sunday night... I think my mom and I watched Desperate Housewives and we did the same thing on Sunday.
I've moved into my new house without a hitch. I don't have much to say about it yet. It's much cleaner than my old one... The sounds echo like crazy though because it's all wooden floors. My housemates seem very friendly and chatty. All in all, I feel pretty encouraged by my first 2 nights here.
No comments:
Post a Comment