First off I'd like to admit that I was in the wrong last night. Lauda and I had decided to go out for dinner and catch a movie. She then invited me to go to Queen's for some drinks with Tao and his girlfriend, Denise, since she was visiting.
I was okay with the plan, but Lauda wanted to stop by her apartment (a.k.a. my old house) to change first. I had absolutely no intention of entering that place. Lauda kept asking me, but I refused. When we got there though, Michelle's car wasn't in the driveway so I figured it'd be okay if I just went to Tao's and Lauda's little livingroom.
Things were going well. And then Michelle came home. Lauda and Tao didn't do anything or say anything. The door to our little area was closed. At first I tried to keep quieter, but gave up since it was pretty obvious that I was there. Nothing happened. We all got ready to go out.
As we were leaving, Lauda called out "Bye" to Michelle. Michelle didn't respond. Lauda tried again (she was calling around the corner - we couldn't even see Michelle but we knew she was in the livingroom). This time she said, "Bye Michelle! We'll see you tonight!" Michelle asked, "Is Maureen coming back with you?" And both Lauda and I answered with a "No." Michelle then replies, "Good because I don't think my dad would like having her here." And with that, we left.
Lauda was pretty shocked by that parting remark. Where the heck was she for the last week I lived there??? I was unsurprised really. The only thing about that that really bugged me was that she laid the blame on her dad - the problems are between us - I did nothing to her father. I guess the other part of what bugged me was that she said t to my face. Understandably that comment was probably aimed at me as much as at Tao and Lauda, but if you have a problem with your tenants' guests, you should tell them instead of the guests themselves. Of course, I'm not a guest, I'm more of an enemy now.
For the rest of the evening, I harboured a lot of aggression about the incident. But the more I thought about it, the less I can really blame Michelle. I mean, who'd want the source of so much tension back in their house? She's probably angry about the July cheque she missed out on with me. (And I don't blame her for that - I gave her very little notice.) It must seem like I have a lot of nerve/gall to go back to that house after all that happened between us.
There. I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest.
Drinking at the Queen's was a lot of fun. We didn't stay there too long - we left at about 11pm. (See? I finally was out of the house after 9pm!) Afterwards I walked home, had a shower, and surfed the net till nearly 1am. Yikes! Now all I can think about is going home and sleeping sleeping sleeping.
Oh! And one more FANTASTIC thing about coming home yesterday after work... Kyle, my new roommate, is a complete hottie! When I got home, he was wearing nothing but his boxers in the kitchen. I did my best to avoid gawking/drooling, but I guess I failed, but immediately after I arrived, he went back upstairs to put on shorts. DARN!
No comments:
Post a Comment