Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finally alone!

I had a good weekend. Nothing terribly exciting ocurred, but it was enjoyable. I think the thing thing I enjoyed the most was having the house to myself - my dad had to work and my mom went with him so she could work on her van. This has been my first time since I've returned to Canada that I've had the house to myself.

So how did I take advantage of this time? I cleaned. And cooked. Does that seem as backwards to you as it does to me??? Despite what this sounds like, I enjoyed doing this. (Maybe I enjoyed the fact that I knew my parents wouldn't be home to mess it up within 5 minutes. Hee hee.) I operated for most of the morning on a couple of donuts my mom had bought, and by 2pm, I realized I was starving, so I ran over to A&W to buy some fast food.

For dinner I made the executive decision to have kebobs for dinner. I cannot recall ever seeing my family make kebobs, so I thought I'd rectify the situation. By the time my parents came home, I had all of the meat cut up (beef, chicken, and pork) as well as our veggies. (Green/orange pepper, zuchinni, and onions. I forgot the stupid cherry tomatoes in the fridge!) Dinner went very well! There were some good lessons learned:

  • Don't bother including dad in the kebob eating experience - he ended up snagging an uncut piece of pork chop and tossing it on the BBQ. Buttmunch!

  • Soak your skewers for longer than 2 hours. I've heard 24 hours mentioned before...

  • Make sure you create some kind of system so you'll remember who's kebobs are who's. Mom and I could only tell after we bit into them - hers were honey garlic and mine were hot and spicy.


I've discovered that I've become obsessive compulsive about going to Blockbuster on the weekends. Even if I'm not in the mood to see a film, I ALWAYS go there! And I never come out empty handed! I ended up renting Evolution, and Legally Blonde.

I don't recall what I did on Sunday, but it was more of the same. I played on the computer a lot... I remember that much. Oh yeah, and I went grocery shopping. I'm attempting to plan my dinners each week. Fridge space in my new apartment is at a premium! (As a matter of fact, I'll be bringing in ANOTHER mini-fridge in order to alleviate some of the problems.) Tonight my plan is to make pad thai... Hopefully it won't be soggy like the past few times.

Anyways, as usual I'm at work, so I'm gonna skidaddle!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Mmm...your talks of food make me hungry :P

Possible for you to email me your recipe for Pad Thai? ;)

I haven't really commented here much, but just letting you know that I still read & enjoy :D

Tallowcross said...

LOL... I'm so out of it. But everything sounds fine so that's goot. Waha!

-Michelle (the original)