Monday, April 07, 2008

Square peg, round hole

I've been cooking dinner for my parents quite often since I've been home. Since I do the cooking, they wash the dishes afterwards. This is a quick recap of last night's conversation/events in the kitchen.

> Mau pulls out the ingredients for dinner.
> Mau fetches her favourite sharp knife that comes with its own sharpening sheath.
> Mau looks at the knife and does a double-take.
> Mau yells at her mother, "You IDIOT! You put the knife in the sharpener UPSIDE DOWN!"
> Mau's mother starts laughing and comments, "I was wondering why it was so difficult to put in the sheath!"
> Mau's father covers his face with shame.

The whole situation was hilarious because I didn't even think before I bellowed out at my mom. I thought most people realized that if something wasn't moving easily, you shouldn't force it! LOL. I was completely dumbfounded that she managed to shove the knife into the plastic sheath. Unfortunately it seems like the sharpener is broken - I need to get a screw driver to pry it out this evening.

1 comment:

Lama said...

I can't believe you talk about me on your blog - How dare you!!!