Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Car Karma

Oh Cathy, you and your car amuse me to no end.

This afternoon I arranged to meet Cathy for a lunch date. She ended up driving us to this little bagel restaurant near Bank and Holmwood. When we arrived, I hopped out of the car, locked my door, and started toward the restaurant door. That's when I heard, "Uh oh," behind me.

I turn around and see Cathy looking wide-eyed, trying my door handle. All she says is, "Maureen, I think I just locked my keys in my car!" Sure enough, she has done just that. And to top it all off, somehow she exited her vehicle while it was still running. She surmises that she must have opened her car door to see how close to the parking lines she was, and then instead of pulling out her keys, she just stepped out of the vehicle and locked it with the button like normal.

Luckily, or I guess I should say unluckily, she had had car problems earlier in the week and ended up signing up for a CAA membership. She was able to pull out her brand new membership card and call for some help.

It was interesting to watch her reactions to the whole situation though. Most people would have started panicking or gotten all irritated and angry at themselves. Except for her shock of doing something as silly as locking her keys in her car, Cathy was cool about the whole situation. She just pulled out her membership and made the call. Yes, she's quite the person to have by your side in an emergency.

Also, another bonus to the afternoon is that while we were waiting for CAA to appear, we stood outside by her car chatting. After about 20 minutes, one of the employees from Kettleman's restaurant came outside and gave us two free bagels, fresh from the oven for free! That was so kind of them! And I'll have you know that when CAA finally arrived and we were able to go in and enjoy our lunch, the bagel sandwiches from Kettleman's were delicious.

No comments: