Friday, March 14, 2008

Officially withdrawn

I called the Grad Studies office at Carleton today. It's official - I'm no longer a Carleton U student. Umm, yay?

I have to admit, now that I'm over the shock of deciding to withdraw from grad school, part of me regrets it. I think it's like the trauma of childbirth. At the time it hurts and scares you so much that you never want to have a child again, but then time fades the memories and you're willing to go through it again.

At the time of my original decision to withdraw, I was so stressed out and then so relieved when I "escaped" from grad studies, but now I miss going to classes, reading articles, and so on. I remember being miserable and struggling, but it's like there's a fog between myself and the misery I experienced.

On a more positive note, I have another interview on Monday! Yay me!

No comments: