Sunday, July 01, 2007

Loss of a treasure

So sad! I was fidgeting with my jade bracelet that I bought in Beijing when I dropped it! It broke!!! :( I had already cracked it when I was in Thailand, so now it snapped along the crack and in another area, so it's now in two pieces...

Edit: So now it's the next day. I can't believe how much the loss of my bracelet is bugging me. I used to take it off once in awhile because it would be annoying clinking against my desk while I typed or did other stuff, but now that I can't wear it, I miss it like crazy! I keep catching myself shifting my arm or wrist, expecting the jade to slide up and down, or I'll go to dry my hands and automatically avoid the area where my bracelet used to lay... To alleviate my insanity, I've donned another smaller bracelet I haven't worn in years.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Crazy glue is a wonderous product.

Lama said...

You can also try taking it to a chinese jewelry store - ask for a quote first

Limin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Limin said...

It is said that when a piece of jade broke, it prevented its master from meeting some kind of misfortune. You don't have to sell the broken pieces, though, if you love it that much. You can transform the pieces into earrings or something like that. So yeah, go to a chinese jewelry store.