I seem to have lost my blogging mojo. I can't seem to find motivation to write down any of my wacky adventures (and believe me, they are occurring, but are fewer and further in number). I shall make an attempt to write more often, even if it's just little funny stories like the one below.
So for those of you who don't know, I've given up my monk-like way of living and have discovered the joys of the bottle. Er, bottle of alcohol that is.
When I first turned 19 years old in my first year of university I went and bought a crap load of alcohol (I had like 7 bottles). Unfortunately my friends and I weren't big drinkers and the bottles just got carted around from apartment to apartment, eventually ending up at my home in Owen Sound collecting dust.
At the beginning of this term, my friends Victoria, Shruthi, and I decided to go to Caesar Martini's on a Thursday night for some reason. We had so much fun we decided to go again the next week, and the next, and so on. It has become a weekly ritual to go out, even when both of the other girls have to be up and at work the next day.
Caesar's isn't the cheapest place to go either, so we make a point of pre-drinking at my apartment (since the bar is practically beside my house)... And we make sure that we get our alcohol's worth of entertainment out of the evening. We managed to finish off all my old alcohol, and have *gasp* actually had to buy some new bottles!
Case in point: About 3 weeks ago Victoria brought over a 26er of Mango Vodka. Between the three of us, we finished it off. (I wasn't aware of this fact until AFTER we got home from the bar.) We had drank about half the bottle before going to The Flying Dog (that has become another custom, first we drink, then we go to the Flying Dog for some fun dancing and wait for the line at Caesar's to shorten a bit). When we arrived back at Caesar Martini's, Victoria decided she wanted more to drink, so she went back to my place, filled up a water bottle with the last of her mango vodka and brought it back for us to drink in line.
Do you know how revolting it is to drink warm mango vodka straight??? Neither do I. I was too inebriated to realize how vile it must have been. LOL We didn't finish off the water bottle - we ended up leaving it outside the bar because we finally reached the front of the line. I'm still not sure how it happened, but later that night while I was on the dance floor with my gal pals, I managed to fall backwards on top of Shruthi.
Need I say more? That's a far cry from how I used to be in my last four years here... Don't get me wrong, I know I don't need to drink to have fun. As a matter of fact, I'm attempting to cut back a bit... (Last week I only had half a glass of some orange vodka beverage - yay me!)
I guess I'll leave off here. I just felt like typing something lighthearted and a bit fun... And I felt like procrastinating. :) I'm going to go read a book on Taiwanese history now. Cheerio!
3 comments:
Was that the night that you didn't know that your bud was crushed under hou?
ALCOHOLIC! It's like you're in engineering or something ;)
Twas good seeing you last Thursday. I'll let you know about tomorrow at some point - we're driving up to Ottawa on Friday though, so we'll see. Thanks for the invite :)
♥
Taiwanese history? Good choice! :P
Post a Comment