I'm on my blog quite a bit lately. It must mean that I have something due soon. However, my parents no longer have the right to bitch at me for my procrastination habits. (A fact I'm sure they're going to ignore.) Apparently my father found an article that found that people who procrastinate are something like 10% more efficient when they do finally work. I wonder if I can find that article... Maybe I'll get it framed.
I went to donate blood today at UW. The day didn't start off well for anyone. I slept through my alarm clock (again) - I'm going to have to test it to make sure it's functioning - maybe I just keep turning it off and forgetting.
I made it to the donors on time though. Unfortunately they were late in setting up due to the weather and traffic. No problem! That just gave me time to go get food. I was just sitting down to eat in the SLC when suddenly this weird buzzing sound starts, but it was intermittent, so we all just sat and stared at each other for a moment... But it continued. Fine, guess it's a real fire drill after all! We all filed out into the cold and had to stand around for 20 minutes while the firetrucks came and gave us the all clear to go back in.
While waiting for the all clear though, I was slightly annoyed by the one group of people I saw. They decided that it was too cold to wait outside like the rest of us, so they ended up going back into the inner set of doors of the SLC. Maybe this was smart thinking - after all, in all likelihood, it was a false fire alarm... But what if it hadn't been? I kept hoping the fire was real and was going to suddenly erupt and toast the twirps alive. I'm not irritated. Really.
Of course the alarm delayed the blood donors even longer for setting up, but soon all was good and I was zipping through. This donation went a lot smoother than the last time because I had all the places I had visited written down a piece of paper. Yay! Even the donation went very well. It took me about 16 minutes to donate my share (I found out the average time is 10 minutes), and since I had warned the nurse that I tend to have complications from donating (aka getting woozy"), she made me stay laying down for an extra 5 minutes. I think that really did the trick, because I only felt mildly shaky instead of wanting to keel over afterwards.
Stacy managed to find me at the donors (I was like 15 minutes late in meeting her due to all the delays). We ended up going to her new house for lunch (ha ha, it has retro 70s carpets!). I managed to con her into going to the mall so I could do some quick shopping and to see a movie.
We ended up seeing The Children of Men. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Stacy found it too violent for her tastes, but I felt the violence added to the atmosphere of the film. The premise of the film is that one day, for no reason, women stop being able to have children. For 18 years, no new children are born, and then suddenly a young woman gets pregnant. The movie is interesting because it shows how both humanity and certain individuals react to the dying out of the human race. I thought the entire film was very thought provoking and profound. I recommend you go check it out.
1 comment:
Hai moureen, welcome to the world of bloggers........... try to keep in touch with ur blog.
Best f luck.
Post a Comment