For 5 years I've been using my "magic" mug from Beijing, China. I call it my magic mug because when you put hot water in it, the picture on it changes to reveal the Forbidden City.
However, this mug has always been finicky. Its magic resided in a plastic covering on its outside. You can imagine that over the course of five years, this plastic has started to goop up. You could see fingerprints melted into it, and despite the care I gave it, it was rolling into gunk in a few places.
Last week I finally got tired of having a crappy looking mug. I decided, "Okay Mau, time to suck it up an rip off it off and have a regular mug with no magic.
Well, as I started to scrape the plastic off, I noticed that it was coming off... Easily. What the heck? I continue to pull it off and lo and behold! Oops, that plastic should have been removed YEARS ago. Five years to be exact. Umm, oops?
So now I have a pretty and shiny mug which is goop-free but still retains its magical properties! Yahoo!
2 comments:
Yuppers, once again: a fine, fine university education at work! ;)
Gets it from her mother: )
Post a Comment