Saturday, January 26, 2008

Early vs. late wakeup calls

Normally I'm bitching about the false fire alarms late at night around 1am. But I must recant my rants. I discovered this morning that it's infinitely worse to be woken up at 7am on a Saturday morning. At least with the night alarms it's easier to fall asleep again.

The amusing thing with this morning's alarm, was that once it was done, we were all trudging upstairs back to our rooms, when the alarm started going off again. We all kind of froze and were like, "Well do we go back to our rooms or back outside?!" Cathy and I popped into the lounge to look out the windows and when we saw that the firetrucks were leaving despite the alarms going off again. We figured it was safe to go back to our rooms, and sure enough, by the time we reached the 5th floor, the alarms stopped.

The worse thing about fire alarms these days is that you just can't roll out of bed and go out the door. It's too cold for that! You have to bundle into pants, get winter jackets on, running shoes, hats, and scarves.

After the alarm, I ended up staying up since I was awake from the cold. 2 hours later I was lying in my bed watching a movie on my laptop, when suddenly the alarm started going off AGAIN. I managed to get up (I finished knitting the line of yarn I was working on first), get into my jeans, and just as I was shrugging into my jeans, the alarm stopped again. Yeesh.

No comments: