Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter woes

I decided to be my mother's nurse during her recuperation. However, as of this afternoon I too am an invalid. I was outside shoveling snow and about half way through a swing, I felt a crack in my back followed by a not-so-pleasant stabbing pain.

That's right, I threw out my back. Again. I've been laying around with an ice pack on my back and have been taking pain killers. I also tried some cream for arthritis pain and nothing's helping. :( I tried to have a nap in my bed this afternoon, but trying to emerge from my blankets and get back up was ridiculously painful - my back started spasming and I actually cried - and I never cry with pain.

My parents are taking pity on me and fetching me whatever I need and are helping me to get up and out of various chairs.

I can't wait for this to be over.

No comments: