I owe an apology to the masses. For years, I've been hearing stories of "the web/application ate my homework!" I've always assumed it was sheer incompetence on their part.
I hereby formally apologize, because I finally understand that even the technically savvy (aka: me) can suffer glitches.
I had to submit my final paper over the internet to my professor. We have to use this online software, WebCT, to do so. So I submitted my paper on Wednesday and chilled out for the rest of the night, basking in the glory that is having nothing to do.
The next day one of my classmates mentioned that the prof had already started submitting grades online. I spent all of Thursday morning/afternoon stalking WebCT, hoping for a mark. Finally I thought, "Maybe my mark is appearing on a different page..." I navigated through the site and found myself on the "Assignment Submission" page. That's when I noticed that beside the submission link, it read, "Status: Individual Not Started (Due December 5, 2007 15:00 Late)". Wait! What the hell?!
I immediately emailed my prof to ask whether he received my paper... I pounced on my computer everytime I heard the "Ding, you've got new mail" sound. Finally I got a reply and discovered that no, my prof hadn't received my assignment. Talk about a freakout. Luckily he accepted my assignment as on time anyways.
Therefore, I would like to apologize to everyone I've ever doubted before.
No comments:
Post a Comment