Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sweet images

I saw this little poem/story on a web comic I like to read. I found it so beautiful (in a sad kinda way) that I wanted to share it with others. The comic is called Friendly Hostility. This excerpt was from a week the artist took off from the comic. It can be found here.

I knew it was the end when I woke to find you sleeping next to me, grave dirt in your hair, under your fingernails, streaked on your pretty face.

You smelled like the hydrangeas you'd been buried with. Your skin, your skin was translucent, thin and delicate like tissue paper.

It bordered on pale blue, bringing a moonbeam into the golden sunlit morning, into the cotton sheets tangled up on my bed.

I pulled the covers over us, pressed close and tucked your head under my chin like we used to before the accident, and went back to sleep.

No comments: